Sparktel is partnering with a leading international equipment and plant services company to hire an experienced Civil Engineer. This role is within its Wind Farm Division. Our client provides a range of specialist plant and equipment solutions to contractors within the renewable energy sector. They now require a Civil Engineer to work alongside their partners in arriving at the best in class solutions.
This role is for a high-potential individual, capable of working in a growing area of the business with a multi-disciplinary skillset and capable of handling a wide variety of tasks and self-direction.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Review and understand the full scope of requirements required to commence construction on a wind farm project;
- Become familiar with the Health and Safety requirements for the wind farm projects;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of necessary compliance under the safety regulations;
- Support the Site Project Manager in the provision and monitoring of critical equipment, plant and machinery.
- Working with site electrical & civil engineering teams to manage the review of the contractor’s civil and electrical designs;
- Assist in the co-ordination of all important stages of construction work with regards equipment and plant to ensure cost, quality and schedule are maintained;
- Become familiar with and update the project programme with all contractor and sub-contractor updates;
- Prepare weekly and/or monthly progress reports to client and company leadership team.
- Assist with preparation, review and monitoring of Risk Assessments and Method Statements for various tasks on the project;
- Liaise with Contractors, Clients, Designers, Utilities, Public Authorities, Landowners and other project stakeholders are required;
- Assisting in the production of complete and comprehensive documentation relating to the project and infrastructure, to be compiled in the Project Health and Safety File;
- Technical inspections of structures, equipment and plant as well as other civil / structural elements of a project as required. Supervision at key stages
- Preparation of construction and environmental method statements and other documentation as required to meet project planning conditions;
- Assist with and carry out pre-construction surveys of transport routes to wind farm sites;
- Some work will involve travel throughout Ireland
- Any other work reasonably requested by your Line Manager.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Flexibility regarding travelling to site and working alone;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues;
- An interest in plant, machinery as well as renewable energy
- Be able to travel throughout Ireland
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or Energy Engineering) (Level 8 min);
- Hold a current driving licence;
- Safe Pass Training;
- Design experience combined with construction experience an advantage;
· Base Salary €55,000 - €65,000
· A company vehicle + fuel card
· Pension – 6%