Sparktel have teamed up with one of the UK and Ireland’s largest Utilities companies to recruit an experienced Commercial Admin. Reporting to the Commercial Manager and joining the greater finance function, you will gain the opportunity to support multi-million Pound contracts across NI and further afield. As the commercial admin, you will work closely with Field Operations, finance as well as clients to ensure contracts are billed and administered correctly.
- Providing support to commercial and finance team through administering across the full lifecycle of a project.
- To ensure that WIP or Work in Progress levels are kept to a minimum at all times through timely and efficient billing processes.
- Ensuring both direct and subcontractor field crews are supplying correct and completed job pack which will be used for billing purposes.
- Ensure that billing is completed as per agreements with clients, i.e. allocating to correct billing codes etc.
- Ensure that subcontractors are paid in a timely fashion by ensuring the same contractors administer invoicing as per contractual agreements.
- Report across several key performance indicators such as WIP, variations, margins etc
- Constantly improving the company’s ability to accurately estimate costs based on historical and up to date information
- Support in the development of accurate costing and billing records for clients.
- Support in the preparation of estimates for projects where required at tender stages.
- Liaise with field operatives and field managers to ensure the accurate gathering of documentation/information for costing reports.
- Analyse documentation submitted by field operatives to ensure accurate reporting of costs to clients.
- Drafting accurate monthly applications for Senior QS for approval to be sent to the Client.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate progress reports, cash flow forecasts and cost preliminaries.
- Assist in managing the procurement process to ensure timely delivery of project equipment and materials.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in working on commercial aspects of projects from inception to completion
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
What’s on Offer:
- Excellent salary available
- Free parking
- 24 days holidays
- Company Pension
- Laptop & Phone
- Excellent career progression opportunities