Our client is an established and well-financed infrastructure and utility outsourcing company. There are extensive employment opportunities across the business from Operative right up to Senior Management. The key areas of expansion within the business include telecoms and power infrastructure. With long term framework contract’s in place, this is a great time to join!
The Telecoms Project Manager will lead a large Core Network Upgrade and Modernisation programme of works across Ireland. You will liaise directly with the key client along with partner vendors. As well as leading the team, you will also have full responsibility for managing all operating costs of the project.
What you will be responsible for?
- Full programme management of the delivery of Core Network Technical Services across a large exchange network within Ireland.
- Ensuring best in practise installation and commissioning of Network nodes and the associated power and fibre infrastructure
- Managing all strategic site survey in each location and completion of standardised documentation
- Planning and scheduling the agreed scope per Network Element
- Managing the implementation of all cabling works required for each specific project
- Managing the implementation/commissioning/Integration of all Network Elements
- Acceptance of Scope performance and agreement on deviations etc
- Ensuring all works are carried out in compliance to client and company H&S requirements
- Resolving technical difficulties and monitoring quality
- Managing contract documentation.
- Managing and developing existing technical team whilst also scaling up by procuring key engineering resources either internally or externally.
- Liaising with client/engineers and ensuring compliance with necessary regulations.
- Ensuring quality in line with specifications
- Assist in devising and then managing full managed service solutions
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
- Technical experience with all or some of the following:
- Nokia Nodes, DWDM Nodes, Mobile Core Elements, Huawei MA series equipment, Ericsson Core network elements, AC &DC equipment, earthing standards etc
- DWDM/IP aggregation/IP Backhaul/Access networks
- Survey knowledge of core network infrastructure for new and existing network elements
- Good installation planning experience
- Understand full Project Management methodologies
- Financial acumen
- Able to work under pressure
- Track record in successfully managing field and back-office support staff.
- Professionalism with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound Knowledge of Ireland H&S specifications
- Strong reporting accuracy
- Process design and implementation
- Willing to travel locally in Ireland
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communicator and able to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as the client
- Full, clean driving license