Our client is a highly established Telecoms Company with a HQ in Naas. Due to retirement they are seeking to hire an ambitious accountant who is seeking a hands on accounting role. As well as leading the accounts team you will work closely with the Operations and Leadership team through a high growth period. This role would suit someone who is keen to apply their skills and experience by driving the operational and financial performance of the company.
- Joining the leadership team which includes Head of Engineering, Head of Operatios and the CEO
- Overall responsibility for preparation of Annual Budget, including detailed commentary, variance analysis and strategic objectives.
- Detailed review of monthly accounts (company and consolidated)
- Present the monthly, quarterly and annual results / projections to the Managing Director
- Review of weekly and monthly Divisional Costing Reports
- Working capital management
- Overall responsibility for adherence to company Internal Controls and development of additional controls commensurate with the local business
- Performance evaluation of Finance Team / Division, including review of roles and responsibilities, identification of areas for automation, downward delegation of responsibilities and assessment of resource requirement
- Overseeing and developing the finance and accounting systems, processes and controls to support financial operations and fuel significant growth
- Lead financial modelling, analysis and support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans
- Projects – assist Finance Director in financial projects to include due diligence, costing commercial contracts and tenders and overhead reduction identification and implementation
- Control and authorisation of supplier payments
- Annual audit and statutory compliance
- Possess a recognised accounting qualification
- Experience in a dynamic commercial environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret detailed information and develop reports that summarise and inform
- Ability to translate financial data for non finance leaders so as to drive decision making.
- Assertive (ability to ensure controls are followed)
- Energetic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to identify and drive change
- Leadership ability in terms of developing and motivating the accounts team.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times