Sparktel is exclusively working with an established infrastructure services company to acquire a Financial Controller/General Manager. The company employs over 70 people in both its Irish offices with HQ based in Naas. Ideally the person will bring not just strong financial acumen to the role but the ability to drive the commercial and operational aspects of the business forward. There is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to gain a greater stake within the business through either shares or ownership in time. The organisation is predicted to grow substantially over the next number of years, and it is for this reason that a strong GM is required.
Summary of Role:
You will be responsible for the all financial aspects of the business from management accounting, P&L control, statutory reporting etc as well as supporting the CEO on commercial and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join the senior management team in terms of commercial and overall operational management with the proviso of representing the financial view behind decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of management monthly reports & month end process
- Prepare account reconciliations as required.
- Ensuring payroll is run effectively each week along with accounts assistant
- Managing Work in Progress payments through partnership with contract managers.
- Analysis of monthly costs across the business and continually seeking to reduce through efficiencies.
- Act as financial subject matter expert on key bids and tenders.
- Prepare company’s submissions for corporate tax
- Oversee VAT returns, other tax filings, CSO returns and liaise with government agencies as required.
- Cashflow analysis and management
- Debtor and Creditor management
- Preparing Profit and Loss reports for contracts.
- Prepare schedules for/liaise with auditors/tax advisors
- Ensure a robust internal control environment.
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- Experience working within project services-based industry such as utilities, construction, infrastructure etc
- Strong operational management skills as well as commercial acumen
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to improve processes and challenge the way things are done.
- Continuous improvement attitude and mindset key
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem resolution
- Team-player; collaborative with a challenging, a ‘can do’ mentality;
- Self-starter with strong analytical, innovative and achievement capabilities
- You must be ambitious in terms of your own long-term career and have the drive to gain a real stake within the business.