Summary of Role:
The HSQE Advisor is responsible for assisting with the development, maintenance and implementation of the safety, quality, energy and environmental management controls and procedures within the Company. The role will be regionally based, working directly with the Operations teams and Contractors, ensuring compliance with legislation, standards, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the various functions across the company to ensure company compliance with systems and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare HSQE documentation such as procedures, risk assessments, method statements, plans, etc.
- Conduct site and office audits and inspections
- Assist in maintaining the Integrated Management System (ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 50001 & ISO 14001)
- Prepare and deliver training courses including conducting training assessments
- Maintain the various registers and trackers in relation to compliance
- Daily/weekly reporting to management
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and prepare reports for internal/external purposes
- Provide advice and direction to staff and continuously promote a positive Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Interact with regulatory bodies, partners, and external bodies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a level 8 Honours Degree in a relevant Health and Safety and/or Environmental Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Professional.
- Graduate Membership status of IOSH
- ISO Internal Auditor Experience as an advantage
- Hold a recognised ‘Train the Trainer’ qualification – Preferable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to respond to constantly changing priorities under pressure
- Must possess the superior attention-to-detail and diligence creating highly detailed and clear documentation.
- Full, clean driving license
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to always represent the organisation in a professional manner