Sparktel is partnering closely with a growing infrastructure services company to hire a Health and Safety Advisor. The company are heavily involved in building and maintaining utilities infrastructure. This role would suit someone with 1 to 2 years’ experience who is looking for a career role. There will be extensive support to the new employee in terms of learning about the business and the role of EHS in its success.
The Health and Safety Advisor assists in providing regulatory advice relating to Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) issues affecting the business and promoting a culture of compliance regarding EHS. He/she is a key advisor ensuring that EHS risk is managed in the business.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintenance of EHS management system to control risk as and when appropriate.
- Driving internal education relating to EHS Management through tool box talks and internal communication channels.
- Regularly review and update Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safety Statement, communicating any updates across the company.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Assist in developing EHS policies, programmes and management systems
- Conduct audits and reviews across the business to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement. Recommend and drive appropriate actions to address risks identified and pursue new opportunities.
- Pro-actively assist the business in improving EHS compliance through engagement with Project Managers, Operations, Warehouse, and Field based staff and third-party contractors in order that the business can achieve its strategic objectives in a compliant manner.
- Manage, investigate and report EHS matters in accordance with company polices.
- Investigate all EHS incidents, accidents and non-conformances to establish root causes and implement required management system improvements.
- Ensure that investigations/legal proceedings involving or relating to EHS are proactively and professionally managed.
- Monitor emerging EHS legislation/trends and analyse impact to the business
- Level 8 Degree in Health and Safety or a related discipline
- Will also consider a Diploma should you have practical experience
- Experience of working across Environmental, quality management, occupational health and safety management systems
- Good IT skills and capable of using MS Office
- Good communicator and able to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organisation
What’s on offer:
- Excellent base salary
- Company vehicle
- Laptop and phone
- Excellent work location well serviced by motor ways in Kildare.