Sparktel is Ireland’s number 1 Telecoms Infrastructure Recruiter. We specialise in recruiting as well as assisting in the training of specialised telecoms professionals. Due to our ever-growing dependence on fixed-line and wireless infrastructure, we are constantly looking to bring new talent into the industry. Right now, we are seeking to hire Junior Telecoms Technicians.
So, if you are looking for a career with long term opportunities and a skill set which allows you to travel the world, then a career in Telecoms could be for you!
If successful you would initially join our client’s wireless team. You would receive intensive training on all technical, operational and health and safety components of the role. You will join an experienced Field Team which consists of 2 to 3 Technicians. You will initially join as a junior team member wherein you would receive on the job training. In time your pay rate will rise to reflect your new skills. Each field team works to build, upgrade as well as maintain Mobile Cell Sites both in Urban and Rural areas.
- Acting as a skilled technician across wireless upgrade, build and maintenance programmes.
- Installation, dismantling and removal of telecoms cabling and equipment.
- Working at heights on a range of structures including poles, towers, and masts to install key equipment.
- Erection and fixing of steel structures to facilitate the installation of telecommunications equipment
- Termination of telecommunications cables of various types and sizes.
- Inspection and testing and auditing of completed works.
- Completing accurate documentation of completed works
- Reading and interpreting CAD drawings as well as Site Job Packs.
- Comply with Environment, Quality as well as H&S Standards.
- Leaving Certificate and any other training or education welcomed.
- Previous general experience of working within industries such as construction, civils, utilities etc
- An ability to work at heights. Training in this area a huge advantage.
- Good communications skills, including reading and both written and spoken English.
- Have great team working skills
- Mobile phone literate
- Safe Pass/CSR Card
- Full driver’s license
- Full and free training programme as well as certifications
- Access to company vehicle
- Weekly pay
- Permanent contract.
- Extensive career opportunities including management opportunities in a growing industry.