Sparktel are seeking to hire a Network Design Director for the rollout of a large broadband project. This will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years. The company is in the start-up phase & the successful candidate will have the chance to stamp their name on the project build. There is an excellent overall package on offer.
- Implement the Network Design Principles
- Manage design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs
- Review and approve the Design output
- Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director’s plan
- Review and approve Design/Build Contractor proposals in line with programme timelines
- Define and oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Manage the creation of the Network inventory and records.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations
- Develop and implement the wayleave and licence governance procedure.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key operational, business and management stakeholders
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager.
- Support the Financial Controller in the application of the Project Agreement Contract Assumptions.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical role in the telecommunications industry.
- Strong track record in the telecommunications industry, preferably in a Fibre Optic/GPON environment.
- Relevant Qualification in engineering/electrical/electronic discipline
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- An ability to lead by example
- Excellent time management
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Ability to manage a team where there is a requirement to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, environment
What’s on Offer:
- Salary €100,000 a year, negotiable depending on experience
- Permanent Role with a 7-year framework
- Opportunity to join a large project in the early start-up stage
- Company vehicle