Sparktel are partnering with a large utilities infrastructure firm to hire a Payroll Specialist for their Finance Department. Reporting to the Group Payroll Manager this position will allow you to gain exposure to Irish, UK and various other international payrolls.
You will hold a recognised qualification in Payroll and will have worked on high volume payroll. You will be engaging and personable with an ability to understand the wider organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the payroll team in end to end preparing & processing of weekly and monthly – ROI/UK payrolls
- Update payroll in relation to salary changes for movements within the Company and calculations where applicable.
- Check the input of information relating to new starters i.e. tax, bank information etc.
- Ensure Revenue & legislative compliance in all areas and ensuring that all monthly tax and annual tax, pension and compliance regulations and requirements are adhered to
- Managing correspondence to the payroll mailbox to ensure queries are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner
- Prepare and issue GTN reports to each business unit for approval prior to finalising payroll
- Liaise with various third-Party Payroll software providers if issues arise.
- Ensure a consistent focus & involvement in driving efficiencies & process improvement
- Preparation of monthly payroll journals and back up information
- Completion of Social welfare and Mortgage application forms as requested
- Deal with any Queries from finance team/operations/HR/audit as they arise
What is the offer
- €50,000 base salary
- Flexible working environment
- Work from home opportunities
- Free parking