Our client is an industry-leading telecommunications & utilities company. Due to the awarding of some additional client work, they are seeking to hire a Quality & Compliance Officer. This is a field-based role & the ideal candidate will have experience supervising and managing on-site crews for the Openreach network.
As the Quality & Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring work is carried out at the highest standards across all metrics. This is a field-based role, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
Daily responsibilities include
- Ensure field crews adhere to clients quality & workmanship standards
- Auditing operational procedures incl. risk assessments & compliance with all client directives & regulation.
- Conducting training needs analysis
- Carry out on-site risk assessments
- Report on accidents, incidents and near misses
- Provide Health & safety advice to relevant field staff on site.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes within the business.
- Ensure all PPE & equipment is maintained & up to date
- Support the Health & safety team during external audits.
- Experience working in the telecommunications domain – particularly polling, civils, overhead & underground installation.
- Knowledge of the Openreach Network would be desirable
- Experience with managing a direct labour workforce
- A good understanding and practical experience in managing health & safety issues, particularly on quality.
- Openreach Lead Assessor qualified desirable
- A signing, lighting & guarding ticket would be desirable.
- Manual Handling, CSR, First Aid Trained tickets preferable.
What’s on offer:
- £40,000 a year depending on experience
- Vehicle + fuel card provided
- 24 days holidays
- Mobile Phone