Sparktel Recruitment is partnering with a leading manufacturing company to recruit a Quality Manager. This role is part of a greater succession planning structure for the company and the hope is the successful person will develop within the role and move upwards within the company. This is an exciting role for an experienced Technical and/or Quality Manager looking to take the next step in their career to a vibrant role.
As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving company Key Performance Indicators around the area of product quality and health & safety. The role will also require the candidate to maintain and improve company/customer quality standards whilst also ensuring Health and Safety standards are not compromised.
- Understand both customer and company needs/requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Oversee and manage a team of Quality Personnel [QC’s; QA’s etc] to ensure quality standards are maintained at the highest possible level.
- Provide guidance and feedback to your direct reports to ensure full understanding of policies and procedures.
- Work with various stakeholders of the company to develop and maintain effective quality control processes.
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes.
- Manage and review company requirements for raw material and intermediate products from suppliers whilst monitoring their compliance with both company and Safety Authority legislation.
- Ensure strict adherence to Health & Safety guidelines and legislation by all levels of the production quality team.
- Oversee and regularly review all product development procedures to identify deviations and areas for improvement.
- Carry out inspections on final products and ensure compliance with company standards.
- Provide approval for successful products and rejection of unsuccessful products.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform regular analysis of production in line with company procedures.
- Liaise with customers to develop, maintain and exceed quality expectations.
- Draft and submit detailed reports to Senior Manager’s as and when required.
- Consistently strive for improvement and ways to develop efficient procedures.
- Relevant Primary education – an advantage
- Previous experience as a Technical or Quality Manager.
- Keen eye for detail with a result’s driven approach.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of quality control procedures along with supporting legislation.
- Ability to perform data & statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with an ability to get the best from a team.
- Proficient in MS Office package.
- Sense of humour!
What’s on Offer?:
- Excellent salary + benefits package
- 23 days holidays
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free Parking