Our client is an established Medical Devices and Pharma company based in Co. Kildare with offices in Ireland and across Europe, the organisation is experiencing massive year on year growth. Due to this ongoing expansion and with the introduction of new devices and drugs, we are seeking to hire an experienced Process Engineer with a proven track record in a highly regulated industry.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for all facets of the engineering function throughout the business. These will include but not limited to aiding in design transfer during product realization, preparing tests and test plans for incoming complaint inspection, ensure quality of incoming sample batches along with acting as liaison with suppliers on day to day issues that may arise with production. The person will also work closely with the R&D team and QA-team and aid with prototype development, prototype testing and prepare documentation for suppliers when ordering prototype tooling, full production tooling and setting up assembly lines.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the supply chain of key suppliers of the organisation and ensuring good supplier relations.
- Researching and implementing methods of process improvement and ensuring good manufacturing principles.
- Validating and verifying processes, materials and preforming route cause investigations on faults and problems that may occur.
- Identifying and implementation of continuous process improvement activities to improve product quality.
- Test incoming complaints through design for testing and document findings for report submission to quality/regulatory teams.
- Develop and document incoming inspection on sample batch products to ensure products are within specified product dimensions and product output requirements.
- Research methods of cost saving of manufacturing processes and or new suppliers/vendors.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of Corrective/Preventative actions to address quality, technical, and manufacturing issues
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of Corrective/Preventative actions to address quality, technical, and manufacturing issues.
- Primary Degree (Level 7) Manufacturing / Process / Polymer Engineering.
- Relevant experience with statistical process control and capability analysis required.
- Experience of lean concepts and tools such as lean six sigma or kaizen
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, root cause analysis and risk assessments with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Principles and Statistical Process Control.
- Experience with 3D modelling would be an advantage.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Problem Solver.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent bonus package
- Free parking