Sparktel Recruitment is partnering with a major utility’s contractor, to recruit Fibre Telecoms Installers to join their Northern Ireland Telecoms Division. You will be part of a team that will work on the installation of superfast broadband to apartment developments. There will be training with the role and you will have the opportunity to progress in the company. You will need to have a good understanding of internal wiring from either working with CCTV, electrical, Alarms, Fibre etc. You will work as part of a 2-person team on projects within the greater Belfast area.
The successful candidate will be reporting back to the Field Project Manager. Duties include;
- Running single external fibre cable into existing apartment duct infrastructure including comms rooms through to individual user apartments.
- Gluing, fixing fibre cable along ceilings and skirting boards etc in a clean and neat manner.
- Mounting cabling solutions to a central location on the external façade of the building.
- Final installation into the individual property or apartment.
- Receive and interpret job packs before practical installs. The job packs include survey information such as photos, drawings, cable and trunk routes, external routes into building etc
- Communicating with project management as well as to other key stakeholders including residents and facilities management.
- Sign off on completed works and recording same on handheld devices.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Experience of working within a residential setting
- A good understanding and practical experience in cable installation and equipment fit-out.
- Knowledge of cabling (CCTV, Alarms, Electrical, Telecoms etc)
- Proven fibre splicing experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of internal telecoms and/or electrical network installations.
- Ability to read construction blueprints.
- Ability to complete installation job-packs including splicing schedules and as installed drawings.
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, along with client Standard Operating Procedures, company operating procedures and any other statutory/regulatory obligations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- A Full/clean driving licence would be essential.
The role offers a competitive package that includes:
- Permanent contract.
- £22,880 to £29,000 per annum DOE
- 23 company days leave
- Company pension contribution
- Access to a vehicle as part of a two-person team.
- Laptop and mobile phone.