Job Title: Field Manager – Utilities
Reporting Line: Contract Manager
Our client is an established infrastructure and utilities company. Operating throughout Ireland, the UK, Europe and America this company is undergoing continued growth. There is extensive employment opportunities across the business from Operative right up to Senior Management. They key area of expansion is in telecoms and power infrastructure. With long term framework contract in place such as the National Broadband Plan, this is a great time to join the company.
The Field Manager will allocate and manage the workload of Internal Field Teams as well as sub-contractors working on contracts such as the National Broadband Plan. Crews will include civils, cabling, overhead cabling, and splicing teams. This is a key role within the organisation and would suit someone with a strong track record in telecoms or other utilities. May also suit a civil engineer who is looking to get into a buoyant industry.
What you will be responsible for?
· Management of direct field staff and Sub Contractors.
· Allocation of daily workload to crews.
· Ensuring all work packs are programmed correctly.
· Evaluating and interpreting pre works drawings and calculations to ensure scope of works is fit for purpose.
· Resolving escalations from the field and monitoring quality.
· Attending sites driving compliance and quality through one to one and tool box talks
· Reporting progress and issues, work arounds, changes etc with client contacts.
· Ensuring company as well as regulatory Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
· Managing sub-contractor commercial and billing admin
· Managing relationships with all key stakeholders from councils, customers, other utility bodies, internal management, and support services etc
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
· 4+ Years field management experience or a degree in civil engineering.
· Preferably a background in civils for utilities infrastructure build/maintenance.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
· Working knowledge of Telecommunications or other utility infrastructures.
· Ability to communicate effectively and command respect.
· Flexible to travel as and when necessary across field operations.
· Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
· Commercially focused professional with the ability to work to deadlines.
· Excellent communicator and able to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as the client.
· Full, clean driving license.
What is on offer?
· €40,000 to €50,000 per annum
· Company vehicle
· Laptop and phone
· Company Pension.
· 23 day’s holidays.
· Opportunities to progress further within the company.