Our client is one of Ireland’s largest infrastructure design and build contractors with over 50 years within the utilities market. They are 1st tier suppliers on some of the country’s governmental framework contracts and continue to expand their operations across. Now is a great time to join the organisation whether you are starting out your career or looking to develop your existing experience.
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, our client is looking for an experienced Environmental Manager with knowledge of civils and structural within utilities infrastructure build and maintenance contracts.
- Maintaining and inspecting the CEMP and documents that underpin it
- Implementing all practices in order to get the site ready for project execution activities to start in co-operation with the other project members and under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Provision of advice and liaison with the construction teams to ensure that environmental risks are identified, and appropriate controls are developed and included within method statements
- Monitor construction activities performance to ensure that identified and appropriate control measures are effective and ensure compliance with the CEMP
- Assist all personnel in the implementation of the CEMP
- Writing site procedures to support the overall project Waste Management Plan
- Ensure that all waste management activities include systems for waste tracking and waste reporting in order to control the accountability of waste management
- Ensuring (in cooperation with the Waste Treatment Department and the Waste Coordinator) that the right waste receptacles are present.
- Informing Commercial Manager of any changes in waste streams / needs on site.
- Ensure all waste is appropriately stored placed on an inventory and have an inspection regime in place.
- Ensure that there will be no unnecessary intrusion into areas comprising semi- natural habitats of local importance (higher value).
- Tree protection measures during the remediation works shall be carried out
- Arrange for mitigation requirements to be incorporated into the site-specific method statements and programme
- Environmental audit of subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist in investigating and resolving complaints and incidents
- Investigate all waste-related non-conformances, decide any changes where necessary and report internally and externally as required
- Review and improve method statements for environmental aspects prior to work starting
- Liaise with the Client’s Environmental Consultants regarding responsibilities under the overall site-wide monitoring programme
- Any other activities that may be necessary in order to prevent pollution to air, water or environment and in protection of flora and fauna, ecosystems, residents and interested parties.
- Ensure that its activities do not cause, or contribute to, the non-compliance with IEL or planning consent conditions
- Ensure activities comply with all relevant IEL and planning consent conditions
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4 years experience in Construction Environmental Management
- Thorough knowledge of Irish waste Legislation
- Relevant experience in the management of ecological constraints during construction
- €80,000 - €90,000
- €6000 sub
- Car or Car Allowence
- 5% Pension
- Health Insurance