Would you like to build a career in Telecoms? Do you like to have a varied role with a mix of locations and duties? Operating on the full unionised pay, pension and working time rates, Sparktel is seeking an Electrician to start a career in Telecoms!
You will join the field operations team where you will apply your electrical knowledge to support the company on the build and maintenance of telecoms networks.
The Field Electrician will manage a variety of different cell site and comms sites in your local region. Overtime and weekend work is plentiful but not mandatory.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Electrical Manager you will be responsible for electrical aspects of major maintenance and build projects on telecoms sites in your area.
- Receiving allocated duties as per project plan and ensuring works completed to company quality and health and safety standards.
- Recording works and detailing completions as well as issues through handheld reporting devices.
- Installation and Commissioning of DC power & UPS systems
- Liaising with the site owners to ensure safety protocols are in place prior to works (site outages etc)
- Liaising with Health & Safety office to ensure all H&S standards are adhered to
- Swapping out power supply units to facilitate equipment upgrades
- Installing, upgrading and certifying onsite AC power supply
- Pre and Post RECI testing and certification
- Trouble shooting problems
- Installing Battery Backup units to power supply and Radio Units
- DC Cabling and powering up sites
- On Call for company every 9 to 10 weeks for 1 week.
- Level 6 Electrical Qualification
- Some industrial or telecoms experience an advantage but not a dealbreaker
- A steady and conscientious approach to work.
- Good technical competence but keen to learning new skills
- Organised and able to work as part of a team.
- Full driver’s license
- €25 for first 39 hours.
- €37.50 on 39+ hours Mon to Fri
- €37.50 for Saturdays and while On Call
- On call allowance and overtime on any call outs. 9 to 10 week rotations.
- Pension as per union.
- Sick pay
- Union membership and representation
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Tools, equipment and PPE.
- Full training provided.