Our client, a rapidly expanding design and build company operating within the utilities industry, are looking to hire a Junior Quantity Surveyor. Our client continues to expand its operations across Ireland and is engaged in a number of long-term framework contracts and are recruiting at all levels.
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will support the Project Manager in the delivery of various build programmes nationwide. The Junior QS is responsible for learning how to manage project deadlines, learning the governing rules and regulations, and performing proper client and employee relations actions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Commercial Team in the measurement of the sub-contract works for payment and final account purposes.
- Assist with the recording and agreement of extra works and day works.
- Provide admin support to the Quantity Surveying team.
- Assist with measurement, certification and agreement of subcontractor accounts.
- Recording of all relevant events for delay and loss and expense claims.
- Maintain a suitable filing system.
- Provide support to operations staff on quantity surveying matters
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Surveying Management
- Possess experience of subcontract models and an understanding of procurement.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Good attention to detail, with a methodical and analytical approach to work
- Full drivers licence and willingness to travel as required.
- Desire the opportunity to work towards career enhancing opportunities.
- Must be proficient in MS office and very strong on MS Excel.
- Salary €35,000 - €40,000
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension Scheme
- Phone and Laptop
- Career Progression
- Full Training Provided