Our client is one of Ireland’s largest private infrastructure providers. With offices across Ireland, they are involved in a multibillion Euro utility construction and maintenance framework contracts. With ongoing expansion forecasted well into the decade, now is a great time to join. The company provides a hybrid working model for all staff as well as a clear pathway to career and educational progression.
Our client is looking for a Procurement Manager to lead their established procurement function. Reporting to the director level, you drive the department to scale in size and reach across the organization. You will be a subject matter expert for the wider organisaton in the sourcing and selection of cost effective as well as best in class products and services.
- Be a procurement subject matter expert to the leadership, commercial, operations and programme functions.
- Lead the procurement team in the execution of procurement strategies to support the wider business as well as on-going supplier management.
- Act as a primary negotiator for related procurements with service, materials, and product suppliers.
- Engage with customer on procurement matters and ensure compliance with all contractual obligations.
- Responsible for reporting to and updating the executive on all procurement.
- Manage critical vendors and associated risks implement suitable mitigating strategies.
- Ensure the use of industry best practice procurement across the organisations purchase to pay processes.
- Responsible for maintaining all procurement documentation and pricing information to ensure quality throughout the process.
- Supporting the contract managers / business owners in ensuring the right connections into key vendors at all levels and functions from day-to-day ordering to escalation and strategic negotiation
- Utilizing score cards and metrics, monitor the efficiency and timeliness of the procurement functions output and work effort.
- Oversee the full Lifecyle of all bid and tender competitions from initial FRQ to award.
- Manage complex bids involving multiple third party and external/internal stake holders.
- Support company cost savings by reducing third party costs.
- Work with all internal stakeholders to ensure proper understanding of requirements and technical feasibility of solutions, including proposal review.
- Evaluate, negotiate, or renegotiate vendor agreements and associated SLA’s.
- Work with team to enable continual improvement and professional development.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree and or relevant education within procurement or 8+ years’ experience within the industry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a procurement management role, with a track record of commercial and/or technical achievement.
- Experience working with Commercial, Finance and Technical personnel to ensure clear delivery.
- Presentation skills and experience presenting pricing and procurement concepts to technical and financial audience.
- Strong MS excel skills and ability to analyse data in spreadsheets for reporting and analysis purposes
- Ability to manage a team and where there is a requirement to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- The ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals.
- Up to €100,000 base salary
- Laptop and phone
- Educational sponsorship
- Performance related bonus
- 5% pension contribution
- 23 days holidays – rising with service.
- Life assurance.
- Private Healthcare
- Hybrid working model and use of modern offices
- Canteen, snacks etc