Sparktel is partnering closely with a growing infrastructure services company to hire a Civils Supervisor. The company are heavily involved in building and maintaining utilities infrastructure networks such as telecoms and power.
Our client is currently on the market for an experienced Quantity Surveyor on telecoms infrastructure maintenance contracts. This is predominantly an office based role where you will be responsible for assisting the Commercial Manager in implementing commercial reporting systems and procedures to maximise commercial benefits of all responsible contracts, with particular focus on risk mitigation, pricing of variations (EWN/CE Processes), detailed cost management, and day-to-day management of contracts or a portfolio of contracts.
Responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor include:
- Commercial functions of various work packages
- Work with the project delivery teams responsible for the work packages / project change control and management
- Liaise with Project / Contracts Managers to collate information on the projects.
- Work package cost management, including budget management and control.
- Prepare internal and external commercial reports.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders.
- Manage costs of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontractors.
- Estimate change / variations
- Assist with the implementation of commercial strategies.
- Hold Meetings with both Clients and Senior Management to keep cost projections in line with program.
- Provide commercial support to our operation teams, commercial admin & management
- Agree sub-contractor rates following company governance
- Track, trace and support with sub-contractor onboarding
- WIP Management support
- Dealing with commercial escalations and queries from suppliers
- Final accounts
- Ability to quantify risks and opportunities
- Prepare cost analysis on various types of work
- Advise and prepare documentation for outstanding contractual claims and contractual variations
- Engage in and mange elements of the tendering process for new works and projects
Skills & Experience required
- Degree qualified or relevant related experience
- Proven ability to run multiple contracts.
- Understanding of pricing, cost, and profit.
- Strong understanding of contract language.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, an ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Excellent at multi-tasking over multiple projects
- Excel skills for reporting
- Proactive approach to work with the ability to self-manage
- Excellent level of accuracy
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- £55,000 - £60,000 salary
- Performance Based Bonus (10%)
- 25 days holidays
- Car allowance
- Phone, laptop & iPad