Our client is one of Ireland’s largest infrastructure design and build contractors with over 50 years within the utilities market. They are 1st tier suppliers on some of the country’s governmental framework contracts and continue to expand their operations across. Now is a great time to join the organisation whether you are starting out your career or looking to develop your existing experience.
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, our client is looking for an experienced Site Agent (GAS) with knowledge of GAS infrastructure build and maintenance contracts.
What will you be doing?
- This role will be primarily field based.
- Management and supervision of works being carried out onsite.
- Planning and co-ordinating crews weekly and monthly to drive efficiency and meet targets.
- Liaise with site owners/local authorities to deliver works on time and to specification
- Monitor & track actual versus planned production and initiate corrective actions where necessary
- Prioritising and working independently
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies are adhered to
- Managing client relationships with the promotion of customer focus.
- Ensure all Quality, Environmental & Health & Safety requirements are met
- Full end-to-end responsibility to ensure the satisfactory delivery of GAS projects; site surveys, materials management, pipefitting and through effective management of in-house crews and sub-contracted crews.
- With support from our SHEQ department be responsible for all quality, environmental and health & safety issues of your contracts and to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Effective delegation of tasks to subordinates and sub-contractors to ensure compliance with contractual requirements including all SLAs and KPIs.
- Ability to work to tight timelines, while accurately planning and scheduling a nationwide build programme.
- Proactive attitude that generates ideas and inputs to deliverables to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the contract.
- Manage and control the auditing process for quality and compliance within the contracts.
- Experience in Gas industry required
- If you have experience on the tools within the Gas networks and you are looking to become a supervisor, this job will suit you.
- Technically qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline an advantage.
- Civils’ experience, including knowledge of Purple Book Standards and multiple excavation and re-instatement methods is essential
- Previous supervisory experience of a multi-function team.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral, including fluency in English.
- Self-focused, motivated and willingness to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work on your own initiative as well as within a team.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Strong PC skills, MS Office suite
- Full-time permanent position
- Salary of €60,000 + €6000 Sub
- Company vehicle plus fuel card
- laptop and phone
- 5% Pension
- Health Insurance