Our client is one of Ireland’s largest infrastructure design and build contractors with over 50 years within the utilities market. They are 1st tier suppliers on some of the country’s governmental framework contracts and continue to expand their operations across. Now is a great time to join the organisation whether you are starting out your career or looking to develop your existing experience.
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, our client is looking for an experienced Concrete & Reinstatement Agent for the Dublin region
- Design review of submissions for earthworks, pavement, road furniture, markings and finishings to ensure it complies with the contract requirements
- Prepare method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments;
- Responsible for the technical development of staff members;
- Review quality of work on all ongoing works;
- Ensure compliance with standards and specifications for pavement design and workmanship;
- Supervision of earthworks, subbase, CBGM and asphalt pavement construction;
- Monitors work on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate testing;
- Review and advise the design team of any modifications needed to the detailed road designs;
- Propose cost effective and innovative solutions to the problems in road/pavement, roadworks and finishing works;
- Prepare estimates and participate in tender reviews as required;
- Manage and price contract variations (continuing variations and improvement works);
- Prepare and issue price enquiries;
- Prepare scoping documentation, seek suppliers / subcontractors, obtain quotations, undertake the technical evaluation, and make recommendations for the procurement of materials and services;
- Communicate with, and attend project progress meetings with the internal site team and clients;
- Liaise with the Construction/Project Manager, client and supplier on technical matters as required;
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in supervising, coordinating and managing earthworks activities
- Minimum 3 years Pavement/Concrete or Asphalt Construction Industry experience.
- Familiarity with specification for highway works and contract document preparation
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- The ability to lead, manage and proactively participate in project teams;
- Hold a valid Drivers Licence.
- Up to €40k - €60k salary
- 21 days holidays
- Van & Fuel Card
- Phone, laptop & iPad